BOOK REVIEW: HUNGRY FOR LIFE

As I read Dave Blundell's book, I was drawn into the frustration and godly discontent with the state of the North American church towards the poorest populations of the world.  A problem with a hope for significant change.

He does an excellent job of presenting the biblical case and the statistical  realities of who we are.

Personally, I am not one who enjoys many books that have a case to present backed with lots of Scripture and stats, but this was one I knew I had to read.  It was an uncomfortable read in that it pointed out my sins and called for change. I pastor a church planted among the poor and this book reminded me of the scene in Schindler's List where the hero tearfully acknowledges that he could have done more to save the oppressed.

Not that this book is intended to bring a guilt trip...  it's written to bring us back to God's heart for the poor and oppressed.

Dave & Heidi Blundell run an organization called 'Hungry For Life' with a vision of connecting churches and individuals to problem solvers around the globe.

You can check out their website here:    http://www.hungryforlife.org/

You can order the book here:  http://www.westbowpress.com/Bookstore/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=SKU-000169617

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CROSS MY HEART AND HOPE TO DIE

TEN WAYS TO SAY THANK YOU TO RIELLY MCLAREN

RIELLY AND THE NEXT CHAPTER