BOOK REVIEW: GOD WITHOUT RELIGION



I could not put this book down. Without previous knowledge of the author, I assumed the book would be a pendulum swing rant against the things we do not like about Westernized Church life.

What I found instead, was an excellent treatment of key passages of scripture dealing with the Ten Commandments, the New Covenant, Tithing, Baptism, Pre-destination and so on.

Andrew Farley is a masterful storyteller who makes theology personal and memorable.

If you know someone who has been burned-out by church life and legalism, buy this one for Christmas. But do yourself a favor and read it first.





"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Baker Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group".  




Comments

paulwilkinson said…
I've noticed some interest in this title. My first reaction was that it might be similar to Bruxy Cavey's End of Religion, but your review suggests that while Bruxy always leans toward an historical approach, perhaps this one goes more doctrinal.
Kevin Rogers said…
Yes, I would concur that this is a good doctrine primer. I haven't read Bruxy's, but I'm sure it's a good one. Good to hear from you Paul.

Popular posts from this blog

CROSS MY HEART AND HOPE TO DIE

TEN WAYS TO SAY THANK YOU TO RIELLY MCLAREN

RIELLY AND THE NEXT CHAPTER