KNOCKING ON HEAVEN'S DOOR


Not a half-hearted knock… Bang that door! There is nothing like desperation or great need to move you from being polite to intense. If there is no immediate answer, keep knocking until you get an answer.

Sometimes we give up too quickly with prayer. Take courage and walk right up to that door.

You would not go knocking unless you had a need. Do we sometimes sit at home in our need instead of going to God’s door?

There is an interesting message Jesus gives to the church in Laodicea. They were self-reliant and comfortable enough to believe they were okay on their own.

Revelation 3:
17 'You say, "I am rich. I've become wealthy and don't need anything." But you don't realize how pitiful and miserable you have become. You are poor, blind and naked.
 18 'So here's my advice. Buy from me gold made pure by fire. Then you will become rich. Buy from me white clothes to wear. Then you will be able to cover your shameful nakedness. And buy from me healing lotion to put on your eyes. Then you will be able to see.
 19 'I correct and train those I love. So be sincere, and turn away from your sins.
 20 'Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If any of you hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with you. And you will eat with me.

You may not be in crisis today. You have done everything right in your eyes and naturally have entered the golden years. But what does God see in you?

Jesus saw a church that had no more passion. It was a church running on autopilot but about to crash. Instead of being a church knocking on Heaven’s door, Jesus was knocking on their door!

When we fail to see our need for God, Jesus comes knocking. He has the insight and healing agents we need to deal with our problems.

Out of love, Jesus comes to confront us. He invites Himself in for supper. What kind of friends would invite themselves over for supper?

Could it be that the Arnold at your door is actually Jesus knocking? Take him for ice cream. You may need it more than He does.




Comments

smokeyboy said…
thank you, what a way to start the day. i'll be checking here every morning.