RIPTIDE REVELATION




Near death experiences are common. If you have not experienced a scare or been near someone else in theirs’ you still have time.

I found this video on YouTube that was filmed by a swimmer in Hawaii who found he was being pulled to sea by a riptide.

If you listen closely, you hear the man calling for help once he realizes that the situation is critical. When he finally made it to shore, his friends thought he was joking.

The crucial moments surrounding these experiences affect people differently. Some are filled with terror while others have profound peace. Some seem unaffected while others have a deeply spiritual awakening.

One of David’s Psalms describes his sense of panic at facing his demise.


Psalms 69:
Save me, O God,
 for the waters have come up to my neck.
I sink in the miry depths,
 where there is no foothold.
I have come into the deep waters;
 the floods engulf me.
I am worn out calling for help;
 my throat is parched.
My eyes fail,
 looking for my God.


The Psalms give a shared voice to common experience, common fear and common faith. In all the Scriptures we find threads that tie our experiences to the rest of humanity.




Comments