WRITING A NEW SONG

You could write a song. Don't underestimate yourself. From time to time, I conduct songwriting circles to discuss the craft and stir up the gift in others.

Here's a couple thoughts to ponder...




For a songwriter, you don't really go to song writing school; you learn by listening to tunes. And you try to understand them and take them apart and see what they're made of, and wonder if you can make one, too.
Tom Waits


Psalm 40:
1-3 I waited and waited and waited for God. At last he looked; finally he listened.
He lifted me out of the ditch, pulled me from deep mud.
He stood me up on a solid rock to make sure I 
wouldn’t slip.
He taught me how to sing the latest God-song, a praise-song to our God.
More and more people are seeing this: they enter the mystery, abandoning themselves to God. (The Message)


Comments