MAN OF GOD




As part of a series of men's prayer meetings in Western Ontario, I wrote this simple song to remind myself to be a godly man. What does it mean to honour my original vows?

Since it was intended to be a song for men, I took inspiration from the hymn 'Rise Up, O Men Of God'. (And maybe a little Ron Sexsmith & Tom Petty)

Having my daughter Karli sing with me is significant. Faith of our fathers living still...

I was tempted to write 'Child Of God' but perhaps the non-men can also sing the verses to God and the chorus to us guys.

Man Of God

by Kevin Rogers


Verse 1:

F                    Bb      F
At An Altar Long Ago
  Dm             C             F
I Made My Solemn Vow
F                    Bb        F
At An Altar Once Again
        Dm           C                 F
It’s Here My Knee Will Bow

Chorus:

F                 C
O Man Of God
Gm                                    F
Be Done With Lesser Things
          C             Dm   Bb          F
Give All You Are, All Your Heart
F                         C            Dm
To Serve The King Of Kings
       Bb               C             F
To Serve The King Of Kings

Verse 2:

I Will Rise Up From This Place
And Walk Today With You
There Is No Turning Back
I Will Keep My Eyes On You


©2015 Touch Of Purple Services


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CROSS MY HEART AND HOPE TO DIE

TEN WAYS TO SAY THANK YOU TO RIELLY MCLAREN

RIELLY AND THE NEXT CHAPTER