CONFESSION AS ART

The French philosopher Albert Camus recognized something that most artists and writers know.

Song writing, art and poetry comes from the part of a person that needs to make something good from the chaos in and around them. As a songwriter, I know that the best songs have come from my most troubling experiences. They cry out from the heart. My songs become personalized prayers and confessions. I speak to God and remind myself of God’s work when I sing. I confess my sinful disposition and need of reconciliation.

Every day, we are confessing what’s inside us by the way we choose to live our lives. In the same way that the creator creates, the chaotic begets chaos. What message is confessed by your life? Whatever is inside you will be expressed through your daily and nightly life.

Oh, it’s a messy life… Like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde we feel torn between opposing forces within our nature, the madman and the humanitarian. The spiritual act of confession brings us back to who we want to be.


1 John 1:
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.


How can such forgiveness be possible? Either God does not think our sin is much of anything or His Love reaches further than we can imagine or accept.



Comments