HANDS UP

Even when we're talking, our hands are a key part of who we are and what we say. Many of us use our hands to help express ourselves while we're talking. There's an old joke: “If you want me to stop talking, tie my hands!” You probably know people who can't talk without using their hands for visual aids. You might be like that yourself. Our hands play such an important role in how we communicate.[1]


·      I give up
·      I don’t know
·      I know
·      Power to the people
·      Peace
·      Rock on

From ancient times, raising the hands to God in worship has demonstrated submission and adoration toward God.


Psalms 134:
Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and praise the Lord.

Psalms 28:
Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place.


There are so many nuances in our raised hand gestures… blessing, surrender, receiving from God, testimony… do you communicate with God in these ways? Present your hands up as a sign of surrendering your body to God.


1 Timothy 2:
Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing.


In one instance, the victory came to Israel as long as Moses held up his hands toward God.


Exodus 17:
11 As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning.


I wonder how many more battles are won as people let go of their battles and lift their hands in dependence on God? Instead of raising fists toward the enemy, Moses lifted his hands toward the Lord.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CROSS MY HEART AND HOPE TO DIE

TEN WAYS TO SAY THANK YOU TO RIELLY MCLAREN

RIELLY AND THE NEXT CHAPTER