DARE I ASK?



A man is walking down the beach and comes across an old bottle. He picks it up, pulls out the cork and out pops a genie. The genie says, "Thank you for freeing me from the bottle. In return I will grant you three wishes." The man says, "Great. I always dreamed of this and I know exactly what I want. First, I want one billion dollars in a Swiss bank account." Phoof! There is a flash of light, and a piece of paper with account numbers appears in his hand.
He continues, "Next, I want a brand new red Ferrari right here." Phoof! There is a flash of light, and a bright red brand-new Ferrari appears right next to him.
He happily continues again, "Finally, I want to be irresistible to women." Phoof! There is a flash of light, and he turns into... a box of chocolates
.[1]


If you could ask God for anything and know that it would be given to you, what would you ask for? Our imaginations are fed by movies and childhood stories of supernatural beings that grant their clients a series of wishes. 

Repeatedly, the scriptures tell us that God is approachable and wants us to ask for his help and provision.  Do we actually believe that God wants to help? How much do you believe God specifically has good things for you? 

In the matter of prayer, Jesus said:


Luke 11:
“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.


So if you are to ask God for guidance and help, what specifically will you ask for?


Comments