FEELING SMALL WITH A BIG CALL





1 Kings 3:

7 "Now, O LORD my God, you have made your servant king in place of my father David. But I am only a little child and do not know how to carry out my duties. 




Solomon looked at what it would take to be king and made a confession to God. He looked at David’s example and felt inadequate. So Solomon told God how he felt about the challenge before him.

God is not dismissive when we feel inadequate, but He is empowering to the humble.  Solomon knew that he was immature and lacked experience. The young king was teachable and God loves a student that is willing to listen and learn.

When I responded to God’s Call to pastor, I did with a similar prayer. I told God that I didn’t know what I was doing and needed Him to teach me. Any wisdom I have has come as a result of that posture in prayer.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CROSS MY HEART AND HOPE TO DIE

TEN WAYS TO SAY THANK YOU TO RIELLY MCLAREN

RIELLY AND THE NEXT CHAPTER