TOO MANY VOICES


There is an abundance of opinionated voices telling us what’s wrong, what to believe and why. If you’re like me, you find yourself listening with some apprehension and suspicion to the rants and laments of religious and secular culture.




This is not new with our generation. Jesus spoke to his time and said,


John 10:
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 


In meditation with the Scriptures and the presence of Holy Spirit, we practice voice recognition. We sift out the thoughts that originate from other places. We experience the revelation of Jesus Christ with wisdom that brings us to life.

Paul talked to the church in Corinth about this phenomenon of hearing too many other voices.


1 Corinthians 4:
15 You may have 10,000 instructors in the faith of the Anointed One, but you have only one father. In Jesus the Anointed I have become your father through my efforts in spreading the good news. 16 So as your father in the faith, I want to encourage you to live as I have lived. Imitate my life. 17 This is one of the reasons I sent Timothy to be with you. He is my dearly loved and faithful child in the Lord. His mission is to remind you of the way I experience life in the Anointed. In all the churches everywhere I go, I teach the same lessons the same way, and I live out those lessons.
(The Voice)


Who are you listening to? You may hear 10,000 ideas and opinions but you will know when you hear the truth that brings you to life and leads you to grow. Let’s practice the mind of Christ as we process our lives. What wisdom and truth do you need to face the wilderness challenges of living in 2015?

Listen for God’s voice.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CROSS MY HEART AND HOPE TO DIE

TEN WAYS TO SAY THANK YOU TO RIELLY MCLAREN

RIELLY AND THE NEXT CHAPTER