LOVE CONNECTION

Jesus said that he is a vine and we are his branches. In other words our life in God is dependent on the connection to Jesus. If you have done some yard work, you may know that vines are hard to kill. You can tear away the branches and cut away down to the stalk, but new branches will continue to grow to replace the ones lost.

In the move to Victoria Avenue, my wife and I discovered that the lush, overgrown yard required lots of digging, plucking and cutting to make it beautiful again. So far we have filled sixty-yard waste bags with cuttings, fallen branches and leaves.

But those vines growing through the garden and up the back of my house—they are relentless. They are continually positioned to grow with roots that extend far from the stalk.

Jesus came into this world intent on growing the Kingdom of God. The Vine was planted in this soil to restore God’s Garden. If we are to be part of that, we need to ensure that we remain in God’s Love.

Jesus put it to his disciples in this way:


John 15:
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 


Your first and highest calling in life is to stay in a love connection with the true vine Jesus Christ. How is your love connection? If you lose that, you will wither and be cut off from the joy God gives. By remaining in the love of God, you continually experience new growth in loving others. Love is the central ingredient of those who spread good news.




Comments